MSAT-G2 Fixed Satellite Radio
Low Monthly Service Fee with Unlimited Talk Time
The MSAT-G2 Fixed Satellite Radio, a powerful new communications tool that works where you do. Designed for use on the MSAT Network, the MSAT-G2 Fixed radio supports continent-wide Push-to-Talk (PTT) Radio and Circuit Switched Voice communications. In addition, the MSAT-G2 provides GPS capability and flexible interconnectivity to a variety of 3rd party interoperability interfaces, extending the reach of traditional Land Mobile Radio technology. The MSAT-G2 Fixed solution includes a 150 foot antenna cable and Pole Mounting kit for installations in buildings.
Satellite Two-way Radio allows police, search and rescue teams, firefighters, work crews, drivers and others to stay in touch and get the job done — virtually anywhere. The service covers North and Central America, northern South America, the Caribbean, Hawaii, and coastal waters. The MSAT-G2 is available in Mobile (Vehicular) and Marine (Vessel) versions as well as in building installations.
MSAT-G2 Fixed Two-way radio is a real-time, voice-based service that provides point-to-multi-point and point-to-point communication at the push of a button.The service is a cost effective alternative to installing, maintaining, and relocating land-based two-way radio communications systems.
- Seamless Coverage Satellites act as one big radio tower for all of North America. Users don’t have to worry about service interruptions associated with roaming because it is all one network.
- Network flexibility MSAT radios can be interfaced with existingterrestrial fleet communications infrastructures.
- Interoperability Talkgroups can be configured to allow for interagency communications between local, regional, and national emergency response organizations.
- Faster start-up time, reduced up-front costs Subscribers avoid having to develop, launch, and support their own private networks.
- Coverage flexibility The coverage footprint also allows subscribers to expand or reduce dispatch radio coverage as their needs change.
- Network reliability Satellite networks perform during emergencies when land-based communications are not available.
- Secure communications The network employs the IMBE (Improved Multi-Band Excitation) voice codec approved by the Association of Public Safety Communications. Digital coding and scrambling prevents casual eavesdropping or monitoring of calls.
Delivering service since 1995, Ligado Networks provides mobile satellite services critical to public safety, transportation, energy and industry infrastructure customers. With its state of the art SkyTerra 1 satellite, Ligado Networks connects customers in challenging environments with robust products and services to meet their needs throughout North America.
Ligado Networks is adapting 3GPP standard IoT protocols to deliver connectivity to both satellite and terrestrial devices for 5G IoT networks. This technology will leverage the Ligado Networks SkyTerra 1 satellite to provide robust connectivity to small, low-power devices that are also served by terrestrial mobile networks.